John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bits’n Pieces

   Regardless the outcome, it is heartening to see old entrenched politicians having to spend money (I mean real money) in order to try and protect their turf.  When people like Steny Hoyer and Barney Frank actually have to spend money in their campaigns, something is brewing.  Barney threw in 200K of his own money and his challenger is within four points.  http://goo.gl/BQdw  Is the reality of Fannie and Freddie and who orchestrated that fiasco ‘finally’ getting through?

   I am sticking by my statement the GOP would rather NOT win the Senate.  “IF” the GOP takes ‘both’ the House and Senate, that means they would actually have to govern and ‘force’ The President to exercise his veto.  If the Senate stays Democrat they can at least say they are opposed to crapola generated by the opposition.  2012 is the ultimate goal regardless.  In this case – <gridlock is good>.

   I am a Clarence Thomas fan.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why his wife Virginia would bother to call Anita Hill.  Just saying.

   http://goo.gl/dEbS  As far as I am concerned, Gov. Christie – NJ is making all the right moves.  Someone with a backbone.  Where are they?  Perhaps he will begin a trend. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home