John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things That Make You Go Hmmm

   We had a shooting in a local hospital yesterday.  The shooting itself is not the story here.  During the reporting it was revealed a lady was on the third floor where her son was getting a liver transplant.  So you ask, why is that part of the story.  Well, the lady was from Canada.  Without knowing anything more than that, I wanna know why in the world ‘anyone’ from Canada, where they have such wonderful health care, would dare come to Omaha Nebraska and get a liver transplant. This will NOT stand!!!

   I see where Pottawattamie County in Iowa is going to begin charging room and board for their prisoners.  The charge will be $50.00 per day, American.  The story did NOT mention what happens if the prisoner is indigent or here illegally.  I think they should add a restaurant tax or something to ensure collection of the room and board regardless.  Just saying.

   California and Meg Whitman – my gal Gloria Allred has revealed that Ms. Whitman employed an illegal for 8+ years.  I listened to Ms. Whitman tell Neil Cavuto yesterday she had documents that showed the agency ‘Nikki’ had come from had correct papers when hired.  I know if you lean left, you automatically believe Whitman is a liar.  Personally I don’t care.  I’d like to believe she is smarter than to NOT have proper papers.  I of course have other questions.  To wit:

      1)  I have NO doubt Whitman was withholding taxes to include social security etc. on this employee.  Start thinking about that just a little bit.

      2)  Think of all the people involved who KNEW ‘Nikki’ was here illegally. Makes my stomach churn.

   Finally, I give you a link to beautiful aerial photography.  It is titled "Earth From Above" and is the result of the aerial photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand's five-year airborne odyssey across six continents.  Enjoy. http://tinyurl.com/32xz4sj



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home