John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sundry Things

   I watched much of the Beck event at the Lincoln Memorial.  I watched for several reasons, none important; mainly I wanted to watch because I knew the media would have plenty to say regards the gathering. 

   I must say I was stunned that most in the crowd (you name the number), had complied with the request of ‘No Signs’.  It was an amazing gathering.  Leading up to the event I had heard many predict the turnout would be minimal.  They also scoffed at the makeup of the people who would come.  Well, I for one was pleasantly surprised.  I kept looking for something to complain about.  These were in my opinion, normal Americans.  The pictures from the air were magnificent.

   I later read the write-ups from major media regards the numbers from Beck vs. Sharpton. It was amazing.  The simply did not want to admit the number of people who showed up for Beck.  I watched Morning Joe this morning to see their reaction.  They were some who had negatively talked about the event leading up to it happening.  They were somewhat contrite if I do say so.  I think they are beginning to feel, actually feel what is happening in this political year.  None of us know of course, but it is beginning to look like a sea change is coming.  Time will tell.

   Many know of my disdain for the way the media blamed President Bush and his administration for their response to Katrina.  I “FINALLY” heard someone speak truth.  Granted it was some local yahoo from Naw Leans who said it, but it is the truth.  He said the following: “if the levees had not broken, today we would have been saying, what was the name of that storm five years ago?”  Now THAT is truth nobody wants to admit. 

   In an interview with Brian Williams,  President Obama says he ignored the Beck rally – methinks even if he did, he maybe shouldn’t be so flippant about it.  I’m thinking there is a reason for the turnout.  A real reason.  Is it November yet? 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home