John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thoughts on Various Subjects

   Tom Delay six years later: So after six years, the government just says ‘we are sorry, no case here’?  This is disgusting no matter which side of the political scale you line up on.  Were I ‘The Hammer’, I think I’d be suing for lawyer’s costs and a whole lot more!! Total disgust.

   The mosque issue: In my opinion it is all about perceptions.  What do ‘you’ perceive when you think of 9/11?  Common decency, or should I say just plain common sense dictates it be built ‘away’ from ground zero.  Let us put it another way.  Should we have a Japanese place of worship where the Arizona went down?  Should we have a shrine to Hitler at Auschwitz?  Should the KKK be able to open a meeting hall by a monument to Martin Luther King?  Just wondering.  Should we be able to have a nativity scene at the White House?  Oh, you say we can’t?  Hmmm.

   By the way – I do realize the potential mosque is at least two city blocks away from ground zero.  Again, it is perceptions that count here in my own mind.  In fact, I suspect if it is approved, they may have a hard time getting American workers to build the structure. 

   Do I believe if the Republican Party takes over Congress things will get better?  Perhaps, but they will have to prove it to me.  I’ve been sucked in before.  People forget that Congress has been run by the Democrat Party since 2007 – they think just because there was a Republican President, the elephants are at fault.  The DONKEYS have had the purse strings since 2007, period.  Before that, yes indeed the elephants had them and they failed as far as I am concerned, but it is getting worse.  One can only ‘hope’ incoming lawmakers of whichever party have gotten the message.  I will have to see it to believe it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home