John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Vote In Iraq

Dunno about you, but it gave me chills to watch some of the people struggling to get to the polling places in Iraq. Some were being carried, some were leaning on others for assistance. Since I get angry and tired of others slamming Americans, I won't here, but I sure did wonder about some people who continually complain. I just wonder how many of 'us' would even consider voting under the conditions those folks did toay. I include myself in that wonder. Would I have the courage? Perhaps, if I were so used to the repetitive blasts etc., but were it a new thing, I seriously doubt I'd participate. I guess I applaud those people who are hungering for the very freedom we take for granted.
I still believe The President only has a short period of time to show improvement(s) in Iraq. I bet he went to bed last night 'hoping' for a good turnout today; I'm grateful he got his wish and I hope it is the 'beginning' of some good things in Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home