John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

WMD Search End

As most have probably heard by now, the search for WMD in Iraq is officially ending. Am I the only person left that believes there 'was' WMD? I worked in the intelligence field for too many years. If I thought American intelligence was that inept I think I'd start digging one very large hole.

I believe the WMD got moved out during the preparation for going into Iraq. Primo canditate is Syria. Iran? I don't think so... at least not with the Iranian governments knowledge. And even 'if' American intelligence were inept, I give you the Russians, the French, the British, why even the holy United Nations! They all believed. Something smells; I do now, and will continue to believe there 'was' WMD within Iraq.

And now, I think it may be time to go... yes, leave it to them, let them have their civil war and be done with it all. I suppose I should wait two more weeks post election time and then make the statement, but in 'my' mind, the Iraqi people have not done enough to justify our staying. For a period of time, and I would say it is [THIS YEAR], President Bush still has the American people, albeit a slim majority on his side. I believe were he to say it is time to go, the people would back him. I think the case could easily be made that the Iraqi man in the street does not seem to have the constitution to stand up and take back their country. When I watch the news, and I see the men with masks and rocket launchers walking on the street? My order would be to drop them right where they stand. You carry that weapon and you die.

So Mr. President, I think the time is near - they either want their country or they don't... it appears to me, an outsider looking in they do not, and I am very sad about that fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home