John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Iraq Once More

I have been quite depressed about the situation there for a period of time. It does not seem to be getting better. Every time I feel myself losing hope, I read someting that perks me up. I will go to my grave believing that the press does not give a fair shake to what is really happening there. I'm not sure it would be too much different were it a democrat administration in charge. There 'are' good things!!

Go to this site - this site is maintained by a Task Force Commander in Iraq; "he" sheds new light on what is really happening!

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/01/aiding_and_abbe.html

It is lengthy, but for those that lose hope (myself included), it will, I believe, perk you up a little and at least make you think there is hope. This is not to say in the least that it is not dangerous there; goodness knows it is - I just wish the press would reveal just a teensie weensie bit of the good.

The internet has changed the way of the main stream media - if you are a politician today, every word you say is available for recall. Entire libraries are being made available to the public - think of it - entire libraries from the Ivy League for crying out loud. A new day has dawned and I am glad I have gotten to see the gushing of information that is available to us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home