John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, January 25, 2009

What “He” Said – What “He” Does

“He” said - “If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on, or in the agencies you lobbied during the previous two years.” “He” wants William Lynn (Raytheon lobbyist) to be assistant Secretary of Defense.  Now, “I” am pro defense; in fact “I” worked for Raytheon.  I don’t give a rat’s ptooie if Lynn is granted the position or not… I just want it to be said… if “He” is going to make these grand proclamations, please follow through, otherwise just do it and try not making us even more cynical about our government. 

In my mind, we will now have a lobbyist as Assistant Secretary of Defense, and it looks like a crook (tax dodger) as Secretary of Treasury.  Interesting beginning… oh, but they are the ‘only’ qualified and we need them desperately.  Acck!  An insult to the American people to think they are the only ones qualified. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home