John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Life’s Lessons Take Time To Reveal Themselves

The recent firestorm over Caroline saying “ya know” many times during an interview brought back lots of memories to me in relation to my oldest daughter.  She used to use those words “ya know” at the end of most ever uttered sentence.  It was to the point of being very aggravating to her father, read as ME.

Accordingly, I began saying, “not until you tell me”, in response to each and every “ya know”.  It was exasperating, it was frustrating, it was ‘I can’t stand you Dad” type stuff.  However, this last couple of weeks, what with all the new stories about poor Caroline, I thought back to those days.  I could not resist calling said daughter and reminding her of the past.  We had a good laugh, and I think she wishes Uncle Teddy or ‘someone’ had the gonads to have mentored Caroline. 

Ahh memories. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home