John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chrysler Shutdown

Question for the class – I think we can all agree it is not a happy time at The Big Three.  It was announced yesterday or early today that Chrysler is shutting down for 30 days.  Now, one’s initial thought would be the workers would not be paid during the shutdown.  Nope.  According to the article from Reuters, the workers will receive 90% of their pay.  Again, on the surface, this sounds wonderful, especially at Christmas time.  However, do you think perhaps these sort of policies might be abit responsible for the shape The Big Three find themselves?  I dunno, perhaps I am a dunce, in fact I’m sure I am.  I am not insensitive to the plight of the workers.  I have a daughter shown the door from her place of employ after sixteen years.  Not even a chance to clean out her cubicle, and I have been around more than my share of layoffs what with working in the defense industry.  It is a cutthroat world in which we live. I just wonder about this policy.  It means, ladies and germs, WHEN they git the bailout, you and I will be paying the salary.  Oh well, we’re gonna anyway, so it may as well be sooner than later.



http://tinyurl.com/4hy9xx

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home