John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Energy Situation - Specifically Oil

   I, as most of you, am grateful the price of gas has plummeted.  I'm not even too sure about the economic law of supply / demand anymore.  What a roller coaster.  As I write this, oil continues to fall.

   My main concern is that the desire, the public outcry to develop our own resources, oil included, has diminished greatly.  No longer do you hear drill, drill, drill.  And, as long as oil is cheap that cry will fade into oblivion.  History will repeat and the price of oil 'will' go back up. 

   There is a certain satisfaction knowing, with the falling price of oil, people like Chavez and Putin are hurting.  I suspect the good feelings toward those who appear to be our enemies is falsely placed.  Better to develop our own energy and be self sustaining than depend on those who show by their actions they are indeed our enemy.

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home