John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Giver of The Prayer – Rick Warren

First of all, I personally don’t really care for this fellow – just a little too ‘new age’ for my taste.  I’ve never heard him preach, I’ve never heard anything, except him being interviewed and or talking.  Nothing specific, just an age thingy, (mine).  Regardless, I find the ‘lefts’ response to Obama selecting him to deliver a prayer at the inauguration to be somewhat comical.

Here is the bottom line, a bottom line that never changes.  The ‘Right’ is always, and I do mean always, criticized for not being tolerant.  In the case of the ‘Left’, the ‘Right’ is considered tolerant “IF” they agree with the ‘Left’ and nothing else will ever do.  Doesn’t matter what the subject, be it abortion, be it, religion, Supreme Court, ‘anything’ with political ramifications. Nothing ever changes in this regard.  Either you agree with us or you are intolerant.  Gets quite tired.

I will say this – if Mr. Warren delivers his prayer with his eyes closed I will be somewhat impressed.  Another thing weird about me I guess.  A minister who has to READ his prayer is not to be trusted.  If you can’t pray to your God without reading it, you don’t really believe it in my opinion.  You are just doing a ‘reading’.  High school speech class. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home