John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Departure

The President will speak tonight.  His going away talk.  Have no clue what to expect.  Have been watching him closely the past couple of weeks.  All the pundits are saying he is trying to set his legacy.  As if “he” has any possible way of determining his legacy.  I wonder what the haters of Mr. Bush will do.  It has been total vitriol for quite a spell and as he heads home to Texas I just wonder what they will be doing.  They will have to find ‘something / somebody’ to take their hate out on;  people like this have to have something, and or some place to vent. 

The next few weeks will be quite interesting.  I do wish the new President Elect well, while knowing going in I do not agree with many of the policies he espouses.  I have adapted a rather fatalistic feeling regarding the whole thing. 

I have been, and yes I am, grateful for President Bush.  I disliked many things he did, mostly in the social areas, and his stand on immigration.  I do think he made the hard decisions as it pertains to Iraq.  He has had courage.  I admire that quality.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home