John Smyzer's Ramblings

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Renewable Energy

I took a road trip to Des Moines Iowa yesterday – this is the first time in a spell I have driven that in daylight hours.  In years past there has always been one or two large windmills along the way.  Today, if you see one, you will see at least one hundred.  It is an amazing sight.  The other day I saw one of the propellers on the back of a flatbed tractor trailer.  It took the entire length of that trailer and was hanging over the end.  This is indeed a whole new industry popping up; I sure hope they figure out how to ‘store’ the energy.  As I understand it to this point, the energy generated can obviously be used, but the excess is not storable.  I lost count about how many there were, but someone has been busy (and they were all a turning).  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home