John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, September 05, 2008

Convention Recap

The convention is over and I must say I learned a thing or two about McCain. I guess I thought I knew his story as well as anyone, but to hear him tell it himself sort of put a different light on things. I have even made comment in the past that just because he was a POW did not make him 'the canditate'. While I still believe that basic statement, his description of the type of man he is and why, put him in a different light to me. While I had already made the decision as to who I 'had' to vote for, I think his speech last night is going to bring along many others.


He had the courage to acknowledge why the American people had lost confidence in the congress. And he was talking about the Republican Congress. And if you are a regular reader here, you must know I agree with that point. I do know, if McCain is elected he will git under my skin with regularity. I know that based on his past dealings in The Senate, BUT, I know believe he is that way based on his development as a man and not for his own glory.


I also have one comment regarding Cindy McCain. While I was aware of what she has done working with children around the world, I will guarantee you America in general did not - I find it ironic that even after the video giving the details I've heard nobody in the media giving her credit. I think the contrast between her and other First Ladies and potential First Ladies is striking and I will leave it at that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I said the same things about Cindy. I was not fully aware of all she has done around the world, and there's a huge difference between her and Michelle. All they could say is her outfit and jewelry on opening day cost around $300,000. It's definitely going to be an interesting 60 days.

    By Blogger Tootsie, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home