John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The New Michelle

So, I watched the convention last night. For me? I wish they were not so very controlled. From Theodore Kennedy to Michelle Obama; I just wish the teleprompters would FAIL. I have never understood why people in public life can not speak from their heart so we the people could find out what they really are all about. If you watched this event and could not see how 'controlled' it was, you must be smokin something. And of course it will be more of the same next week.


One thing I saw in the speech that was authentic... the children. Don't think you can fake their authenticity. Cute. The problem? That is about all the people who did NOT watch will see in the news bites. If one did not know of Michelle's previous unscripted comments and only watched this, they would never know just how scripted the speech she gave was. But, you will 'never' hear an honest analysis from our press.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home