John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, August 24, 2008

2008 Olympics

Tonight is the end of the 2008 Olympics, summer style. I have enjoyed them allot, and was struck by how well the Americans had performed. Oh sure, there were disappointments along the way. The 4x100 relay teams - my heart went out to those athletes. To work that long for a goal and to drop the baton? Tough.


I think what struck me the most was the sportsmanship displayed by the American athletes all around. I watched much of the games, and while I did not watch it all, I do not remember even one incident of taunting by American athletes. This is 'somewhat' of a departure of the past, and I for one was proud I am an American. They did a great job... gold, silver, bronze, and those who suffered heartbreak.


Thank you athletes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home