John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Six Degrees of Separation

So I went to my 45th high school reunion the other night... interesting stuff when one gets right down to it. 45 years. Where did that go? Here is the most interesting thing that happened. At the table I sat were two women. One had worked with my mother at the bank in Council Bluffs Iowa when I was a lad. Her name was Sally and I did not know her during high school. Or, if I did, I don't remember and perhaps that is really the issue. I asked Sally if my mother was a good worker; she replied in the affirmative. I told her I wished I could report that to Mom.


On my other side sat another lady who began talking about my brother's recently sold business, Betty's House. Her name was Shirley. Her son-in-law worked for my brother and his wife. I must confess I didn't remember Shirley either and for that I am sorry, but... what are the odds of picking that table to sit at? I mean, I came from a class of between 250 - 300, and while there were only about 75 in attendance I find it just an amazing coincidence.


Other than that, it was amazing how I was the ONLY classmate who had not changed. Everyone else had changed, and I do mean dramatically!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Did you ask if your brother was a good employer? haha That is pretty amazing you picked that table. Were they at least H*O*T!! :-D

    BTW, happy belated birthday. I thought about you yesterday as I sat in a long, boring Wal-Mart meeting. It was also my 7th anniversary with Huffy. I hope you had a mah-velous day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home