John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Speech

I listened to the entire speech last night; I found myself left wanting abit and thought perhaps it was just my political leanings. Whether or not one believes this, I find myself 'wanting' to believe Mr. Obama. In the end, for whatever reason, the thought crossed my mind that I have heard him be more eloquent in the past. Couldn't then, and can't now quite put my finger on my feelings at the time.


This morning I was listening to Peggy Noonan (former Reagan speech writer) - I will not bore you with her evaluation; suffice it to say she agreed with me, or perhaps I agreed with her. Since my thoughts were first, I think she agreed with me. While I don't think Peggy's thoughts are in print yet, they will be. Anyway, I was disappointed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home