John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's Coming!!!

Here is something to consider on election day - remember Florida and chad? Who could forget. Conventional wisdom says the Democrats will run the table (I doubt it)... but, to me, this is what to look for. Whether it will be chad or not, recounts will be rampant. Why do I say this? I have read over and over again about GOP fraud... to me, this means a seed is being planted and many recounts will be sought.
There are several things I am learning as I observe this upcoming election: 1) If there is just a one or two vote margin in the House, walking from one side of the aisle to the other (change party), can change the balance of power quickly. Why would one do that? Umm, the promise of a powerful position maybe? 2) The vote for a new speaker does not require 218 votes, only the highest vote getter (if I understand it). : ) Again, if the distribution of seats is razor thin, you better believe there will be horse-trading a going on, BIG TIME!!
It is going to be an exciting period, these next couple of weeks. Reminds me of a scene from 'Apocolypse Now' - "I love the smell of napalm in the morning".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home