John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Advertising Works In Strange Ways

I have my phone, my cable TV, and my internet service all with Cox® Communications. Another company (Quest) has been running for months an ad offering the same services, but the part that intrigued me was their internet service... $21.99 [for life]. Hmmm, this got my attention and I finally went to talk to a rep the other day. I brought the data home to discuss with 'The Boss'. She didn't have a problem, so...

I called Cox® and asked my customer service gal to tell me why I should stay with them because I had made up my mind to change it all over to Quest. She made two half hearted attempts to tell me things like having to port my phone number etc., which she soon learned I'd done before. Then, within two minutes she had offered me a reduction from my current billing down $16.00 and change per month for six monthes. I says... so, in six months, I call you again and go through the drill again, right? And I can just ask for you, right? Anyway, this proves to me that the Quest advertising is working. You cannot convince me that were I the only one, that Cox® would give little ole me a break.

BTW, this reduction in cost is what NEW Cox® customers are offered for six months according to my customer service rep. My reply to that was, I have been a longtime paying customer. Bout time maybe "I" got a little something from you folks. Know what? She agreeed. We went on to gab about what I was cooking for supper and Rotella's Bakery. It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home