John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Movie

I got to watch it - it was riveting. I nor anyone else except those present at the actual events will ever know if the portrayals are [true]. One thing is for sure, 9/11 happened, the horror was real and I hope this country never forgets who perpetrated the evel acts. I'm not into whether or not this country could have stopped it - others can debate that... further, while I know much has happened since, much money has been spent etc., never will all be satisfied. The commision gave the administration a failing grade for something like 17 of their 41 recommendations. So be it. Much has still been done and nobody can deny the fact. Just ask anyone who travels.

One almost chilling note. As I watched the film it had been interrupted while President Bush addressed the nation. When it resumed, there was a sequence when the first tower fell. Guess what time it was on my TV screen at precisely that moment.... you may be ahead of me... it was 9:11. A chill went up my back... nothing to do with the movie, just a happenstance that seemed appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home