John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Smoking Ban


The city of Omaha has implemented a smoking ban. Sounds good eh? Wellll, like most elements of government there are loopholes. Places that make the city M O N E Y, otherwise known as cash get a five year deferment. No need to go into the details here, bottom line is ma / pa bars etc. are being penalized. Here's the good part.

If I am in an establishment where Susie Homemaker lights up, I can call 911 and turn her in for breaking the law. Actually put out by the police department in a news release. Now that call will be placed low on the totem pole (little Indian lingo there), but it seems to me the city is opening itself up for a very large lawsuit. Won't take long I'm sure.

All these years of trying to drill into our heads that 911 is for emergencies, and now to use it for lighting up???!!! This is indeed government at its finest. And just wait, sounds like the food police are right around the corner. Can't wait for our instructions on what to do if Johnny J. is seen eating a golden french fry cooked in hydrogenated cooking oil. There 'are' times I'm glad I am the age I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home