John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, March 31, 2006

More On Immigration

Long time readers of this rant will remember how long I have said or talked about illegal immigration with the key word being ILLEGAL. Certainly nothing has happened recently that changes my mind on this issue.
I am not a fan of CNN News, but I have been a longtime fan of Lou Dobbs on that network. Ole Lou is 'on fire' as it pertains to this issue. I strongly encourage anyone who will listen to tune into Mr. Dobbs when you can. In my mind, he nails the issue.
There is not much doubt in my mind that the republicans are going to pay a heavy price for going off in many different directions regarding this issue. Will it be enough to change the power structure of congress? Beginning to look like it to me.
What puzzles me is, we should be sending people to congress to make decisions, some hard, some easy. They are afraid to make the hard decisions it would appear. In my mind, if they are not going to make the hard decisions in the area of immigration, then they may as well take down Old Glory and fly the flag of the U.N. Furthermore, why introduce a new bill (read as law), when the current laws are not being followed? Makes zero sense.

P.S. I am thinking of enrolling in a spanish course... may well need it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home