John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Beauty In The Air

What an absolute beautiful day - been in the yard doing some raking and picking up old vegetation. I 'intend' to be much more proactive in the yard this year... trust me, it shows my neglect for the past couple of years. My mower for the past two years called to confirm his continuance and I had to inform him I was gonna give it another whirl this year since I will be home. Told him I'd let him know if I couldn't handle things.

There are fat robins, pregnant in fact, fluttering around out there. Just a peckin where I've been and it is just entertaining to watch them. I find myself wasting time and not caring. Then there is a bird bigger than a wren trying his/her best to get into the wren house. I mean, REALLY trying! I'm hoping the bird does NOT make it cause I doubt it will make it out if it finally makes it all the way into the house. No perch to begin from once inside.

I was in Wal Mart the other day getting a fishing license... I asked a young lady on the floor if someone could help me in sporting goods for a license... she paged for one and I waited, humming 'One Day at a Time' by Christy Lane. Nobody came, and the young lady twice more paged for someone, each time stating she was sorry for the wait. Know what? I didn't even care. Funny what this retirement has done to me... ha ha... every now and then I have to pinch myself and say there is no time constraint on me, take it easy and what will be will be. Umm, I think I am gonna like this!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home