John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, January 27, 2006

A Million Little Pieces and Ms. Winfrey

Watched my gal Oprah yesterday intentionally, because the lying author was on. Wanted to see how my gal handled him after she nearly suckered me into buying the book. I had come in at the tail end of the show in October when Mr. Frey was on previously. All I heard were all the exclamations about how wonderful this book was. I jotted the title down with the intent of hitting Amazon... I even peeked at it on Amazon but for whatever reason I backed off.

I check The Smoking Gun website with some regularity, and I saw the allusions that the book was fiction. Hmm, I wondered, how would Ms. Winfrey handle this? She called into Larry King's show and backed the author... but that was before the public weighed in on the situation. That was the reason for him to be on yesterday and nothing else.

Look, I know she does allot of good... please do not use that argument to me. They crucified the guy and justifiably so, but...... they crucified him for lying.... umm, anyone of them (the guests who joined together in ganging up on him), did anyone of them (ESPECIALLY MY GAL) ever wonder about President Clinton LYING UNDER OATH??? Hmmm???

It is as always, they can justify anything. And, since we are so upset about lying... I wonder just how long it will take 'my gal' to correct the lies that she perpetrated about what went on in New Orleans during the hurricane and immediately thereafter. That will stick in my craw for the rest of my life. And again, I know she does good, allot of good in fact... it is my perception, perhaps an incorrect one, she is pompous and getting more so as the years go by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home