John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Honorable Tom Delay

OK - Mr. Delay has stepped down from his leadership post. I do agree it was time as he has lost the confidence of his own party... but, I'd bet my last buckeraoo he will be vindicated of all charges in the end. Not that it matters... he can't lead from a position of weakness.

Politics are dirty and always have been. Mr. Delay was tough, 'is' tough actually. He knew / knows how the game, dirty though it is, gets played. Too many don't have the stomach for 'the game' and get run over. 'Should' the game be played that way? That is obviously open for debate. Point is, that is how it is played 'today', and ole Tommy could play.

So, he is now gone from his position - and I will say again... if he is gulty of taking bribes, string him up, and all others that have done so... I just don't think he will be found guilty of the charges he is under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home