John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mr. Cheney

I went to the gym today - they have TV up along the wall w/close captioning and while the pictures were too far for me to read, I didn't really need to. They were discussing 'The Shooting'. What a farce.

Here is the plain and simple fact. If the press would ask their questions without the holier than thou tone in their voice, the majority of the politicians would 'have' to answer or THEY would look like the dolt. Now I suppose there are those that would argue that Brit Hume asked powder puff questions of Mr. Cheney when he got his exclusive... no matter. The vice president answered each and every question asked. I maintain this... I 'want' the press to ask probing indepth questions but just one time I'd like some leader to look down and say... you ninny... you insolent snot - go ply your trade somewhere else. Or something similar... just something to let them know they are an insignificant bunch of whackos.

In my opinion, most journalists today want to, by their actions, change the course of history. Not their job. Theirs is to 'report', dig into, find facts, not try and slant the news. Methinks the journalist schools have failed big time in the last 20 years or so. Take Woodward and Bernstein to make my point. No matter what side you came down on in the case of Richard M. Nixon... 'those' reporters dug, and kept digging until the 'story' came out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home