John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, May 15, 2005

This'n That

Interesting to watch the stories regarding Hillary and Newt. Pay attention and I would venture to say you will see one of the best examples I can cite regarding the slant of the press.

Newt will be portrayed as 'coming to Hillary'. She of course will be portrayed as steadfast in her beliefs and never wavering. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Newt has always been for more government involvement than I care to see... that is not the point. He will be portrayed as finally coming to his senses. The ruthless right winger finally coming around. Whether or not you like him, he is one of the smartest people in congress. I suppose one could say that portrays the serious state of our leaders, but I always say, it is our fault. It's like people who get away with murder at work... it is NOT their fault... it is indeed their leaders. Always !!!

Another thing that has tickled me with the press this past week is in regards to President Bush not being told about the small airplane approaching the White House. He was if you recall on a mid day bike ride in Maryland. One can argue whether or not he should be off riding during the middle of the day, but again, not the point. The press is bonkers because Laura and Nancy Reagan were sent to the bunker and the president was not even told until after the fact.

I wonder just what they think he could/would have done had he been told. Perhaps wave his arms in a particular way that would turn the aircraft in mid air? The actual incident of the aircraft itself lasted a total of ten minutes. Knee jerk reactions are 'exactly' what one does not want happening - we all see those on a daily basis at our jobs. And if you are lucky enough not to, then you are one lucky person. I've become jaded and no longer am even a teensie bit surprised at daily knee jerk reactions to problems, in fact, I pretty much know who is going to do it before hand. :)

Anyway, I heard the National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley today say, the president was satisfied that procedure had been followed. I suppose that could be BS but it sounds like it was to me. At least in the White House... the congress on the other hand was rather a laughing matter to watch. Hillary of course was a rock, walking calmly out the door. The more I think of it, I want her right where I can see her at all times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home