John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Taxes

We are begining down a trek to pay our own real estate taxes and the insurance on the house. While I have always known these items were being paid, it will now be more evident because they will now be done minus the morgtage payment. I think this will only validate what I have said for many years.

If people had to walk up to the tax window and pay their federal taxes once a week, month, or year, there would be a revolt in this country. Out of sight, out of mind... but when you write that check, or hand over that cash, it all becomes 'very' apparent what you are doing.

I'm going to try and not let paying these things myself upset my stomach. In fact, I'm off to make a pancake right now! This is what I'm making:

One HUGE Pancake That Acts Like A Souffle

This is gigundo, as little kids say when they see it. Often they want their own but it will serve two nicely.

1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix all ingredients. There will be lumps. That's good. Melt butter in 12-inch skillet.
Pour in batter and let cook for one minute. When edges bubble place in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until all puffy and golden.
To liven it up you can throw into the batter anything from cinnamon to lemon zest, pecans,choclate chips or fresh berries. Eat instantly and prepare to make a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home