John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Awakening

   I think it is fairly obvious these days Americans are waking up to the nightmare they are living.  If you are a news junkie like I am, you cannot read too many headlines these days that do not question this Presidency.  And the media is now realizing they did not do their due diligence on The President while he was running for office.  Note these recent headlines:  ‘Libs Vow Primary Challenge Against Obama’ or, from the Chicago Tribune:  ‘Why He Should Withdraw From Race’,  and the best for me is New York Times columnist David Brooks admitting he is a sap for having believed.  http://goo.gl/JGPAa

   I ‘think’ people are also  waking up to this ‘tax the rich’ business – let us take this Warren Buffett crap one more time and put it in a different light.  Mr. Buffett is worth between 45 and 50 billion depending on whom you believe. 

   This country pays 4 billion dollars a day to service it’s debt.  If you took every dime Mr. Buffett has, it would pay our service charges for about twelve days.  Now, does that not at least suggest we need to cut spending just abit? 

   I am not now, nor have I ever, suggested Buffett is doing anything illegal.  There are so many loopholes created by our ‘lawmakers’, and Buffett durn sure has the means to pay accountants to find those loopholes.  My anger with him and those that espouse what he’s been saying is, they are not being truthful.  They are comparing the taxes he pays on ‘his’ income (mainly capital gains), to his secretaries normal income.  Just is not the same and makes me so mad I could spit nails.

   Does any of this guarantee the defeat of The President?  Nope, but it does give me hope when I see evidence of awakening being blatantly printed in our news sources.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home