John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, August 11, 2011

This’n That

   I was asked several months ago by a family member who I thought would be the Republican nominee for President.  I said I did not know, perhaps someone not presently known.  They wanted to know what I thought about Romney.  I said then, and I say now, the opposition will focus on his being a Mormon.  Me?  I could care less about Mitt’s being Mormon, I just know the other side.  And guess what – they are introducing the word ‘weird’ when referring to ole Mitt.  They make me sick at times.

   I said leading up to, and I will say again, I am ‘glad’ for the S&P downgrade of the United States.  I am hoping, really hoping, this is the impetus to get The Congress off their collective asses and do something about spending.  I know it may be painful – so be it! We need to suck in our collective bellies and take the medicine.  It ‘is’ a sad commentary Congress had to come up with this special committee in order to do what the entire Congress can’t seem to do, but if that is what the cowards wanna do, so be it! 

   I was grateful to see the result of the recall election in Wisconsin.  It gives me ‘hope’ for the country.  Unions poured big bucks there in order to take back the majority in the Senate – they failed.  It was glorious watching ‘The Ed Show’, just to listen to him spin the outcome.  Regardless, thank you Wisconsin voters for restoring abit of my confidence.

   Do you realize in Europe, there is rioting going on because benefits are being slashed?  The people doing the rioting are getting arrested.  In ‘this’ country, the people trying to cut spending are called terrorists.  Do you find that just abit ironic? 

   Been wondering why no media is covering the flash mobs of black on white attacks?  I have.  Why, there should be hate crime charges galore, but noooooo.  I suppose these flash mobs could be the for-runner for what is going on in Europe.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home