John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, July 01, 2011

The Gravy Train

   In our local newspaper the other day was an article on state cutbacks that were affecting “LEGAL” immigrants.  I intentionally placed ‘legal’ in caps for this discussion.  Upon reading the article, and it was lengthy, I nearly laughed out loud.  Imagine – ‘legal’ immigrants having benefits cut. 

   Now, I realize I trying to go the toilet straight up a rope, but, can you imagine if we didn’t have to put out for “ILLEGALS”?? I have no idea just how much is being spent on ‘illegals’, but I will guarantee you it is substantial.  My sympathy factor is fading – I doubt I am alone.  Things are going to change, whether it be via the rule of law or a total breakdown of government. 

   For the nitwits out there who will call me racist.  It is not about being racist.  I am, and always have been offended by one word. “ILLEGAL”.  If you do not understand that, you are in my opinion, ignorant.  Not saying I agree with our current immigration laws – they obviously need updating.  I do disagree with allowing illegals inside the country… if we are going to do so, there is no rule of law.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home