John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recession / Depression / Stimulus

On the way to lunch yesterday, I wondered why, what with the horrible state of our economy, so many people were on the road.

Upon entering the restaurant and having to ‘wait’ for a table, I wondered how so many people were out eating… had they received a stimulus I was unaware of?

While eating, watching people, I wondered… just how many of these people are in dire circumstances due to the horrible economy.  I wondered as they took home doggie bags of food, evidently buying in excess more than they could partake of in one session of face cramming. 

Does this mean many people are not hurting?  Nope.  I have said before, the layoffs have hit close to home.  Regardless, there are lots worse places to be, and evidently if the unemployment rate is in the 7-8% range, that means more than 90% are working.  What a country.  Gimme mo stimulus Bunge.  I ‘need’ stimulated, burp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home