John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, May 16, 2008

Me Thinks They Doth Protest Waaay Too Much

The democrats are protesting abit too much in my humble opinion regarding President Bush's statement to the Israeli Knesset.  The President has never wavered, and I mean 'never' wavered regarding his position on talking to terrorists.  I was listening to  the speech and my thought was Jimmah, err, I mean former President Carter.  I 'did' and 'do' have a question as to who the Senator he referred to who stated he wished he could just talk to  Hitler.  I don't know who that Senator was and no media person has mentioned the name.  There must have been one. 

This campaign is going to be very enlightening.  There are going to be some eye opening things happen to Mr. McCain.  He talks so much about working across the aisle.  Ole John is gonna find out just how much disdain the other side he 'thinks' he has been working with all these years really has for him.  Oh yes, they have used him allot during the Bush Presidency - now that he is the opposition, they will spit him out, and in fact spin 'on' him. 

McCain in my mind has been so closely aligned with the democrat party for so long. I think it almost best to pull for a democrat president.  If McCain is elected, what party do you think is going to get the blame for his decisions?  Ya don't even  git a guess.  Yup, the more I think about it, this country is gonna have to get a good dose of the far left before they pull themselves out of the hole they are going to dig. 

And to think - just six to seven years ago, the republican party had a chance to nearly obliterate. for all time, the far left.  There is no question the opportunity was there; the opportunity is now lost for at least ten years, and maybe twice that long.  And the republican losses have nothing to do with the war per se.  Oh yes, people are indeed tired of the war, but the graft, the absolutely unrestricted spending has ticked people off. 

Here's the bottom line.  When a person of my background is finding it hard to swallow the republican nominee for president, it is a dire statement of just how precarious the republican position is.  There is indeed time for Obama to stick his hole foot in his mouth, but I think we as a country need to go through the hell the far left can bring us.  We need it.  And believe me when I say, he does represent the far left.  May the Good Lord help us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home