John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, April 28, 2008

Political Thoughts

It's almost like Jerimiah is working for Hillary.

It is almost unthinkable to me that race is part of the election of 2008.  Write this down, or 'Wright' it down.  The democrat party raised the issue (Bill Clinton to be precise)... the republicans will be blamed. Period.

John McCain  continues to show, almost daily why it is so very hard for a conservative to support him.  Guy drives me nutzo sometimes.  I am very disillusioned with my choices this election year.

If a democrat is elected president, will all of New Orleans be rebuilt within oh, say, one year?  Two years maybe?  To this day this issue makes me sick and absolutely nobody will tell the truth.  Much has been done to recover from this 'greatest modern disaster'.  Does this mean there were not mistakes?  No. It means much has been done, and there is still much more to be done.  Those who get focused on have been on the public dole for sixty years.  A prime example of government in action. 

I love Nino Scalia - he appeared on 60 Minutes last night - it was interesting to see his appearance before students at Oxford University as opposed to people who rant agin him in our country.  I love listening to him - wish we had more justices like him.

I could not wait for my stimulus check - I bought my GPS and I love it.  Were I a business owner who had delivery vehicles I'd have one in 'every' vehicle. I take wrong turns on purpose just to watch technology in action.

I love my country - there is more good than bad - just because you hear all day every day that things are bad does not make it so.  America, still the land of opportunity.  People still trying their best to get in - where 'are' those fighting to get out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home