John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tax Day

What with tax day having come and gone, herewith a couple of quotes I enjoyed reading:

1)  "Congress can raise taxes because it can persuade a sizable fraction of the populace that somebody else will pay"  Milton Friedman

2)  "A fine is a tax for doing something wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing something right."  Unknown

3)  "Of life's two certainties, at least you can get an extension for taxes."  Unknown

4)  "What at first was plunder assumed the softer name of revenue."  Thomas Paine

5)  "It would be a hard government that should tax its people on-tenth part of their income."  Benjamin Franklin

But... they keep telling me one should be grateful for paying, so, I guess I am.  And I know I can send in as much as I want, over and above what they ask for... right Mr. Buffet?  Right Senator Obama?  Right Senator Clinton?  I thought so.  I am ready to get in line right behind you all, just waiting for the line to form. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home