John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, March 24, 2008

I 'Had' Wavered - Last on Obama and The Preacher

Anyone who knows me, will understand just how difficult it is to admit what I'm about to say.  I am a conservative, period.  Whether or not it is political fatigue or just plain disgust, I had felt Barack Obama was a fresh start for everyone.

I am not nieve,  I pretty much know his voting record.  By that I mean, 'how' he's voted on different issues that differentiate a liberal and a conservative philosophically speaking.  I was willing to believe that as President, Mr. Obama would select somewhat of a middle ground.  He had convinced me that words mean something. He could inspire me when he spoke, me, a craggy ole conservative. 

Here is the interesting part.  I had heard about Reverend Wright almost one year ago via Shawn Hannity.  It had slipped my mind, probably because one year ago Hillary was going to be anointed, even though  we knew at the time Barrack was going to run. 

I have heard all the pabulum about how Blacks have a very different perspective than Whites and are therefore allowed to spew crapola.  B.S.  This means that racism as we know it will NEVER go away.  It means that all the gains Blacks have made mean  nothing.  When Obama talked about Don Imus, saying he should be fired etc., I thought.  Well he has gonads, and again he said, "words mean something".  And that is where he loses me.  For him to sit in that church and listen to the good reverend spew his sewage and not repudiate said sewage; I cannot even think of voting for him.  For those who said he did repudiate the reverend, I again say, B.S.  Obama got me close to voting for a democrat, and that may be partly because of my disdain for McCain, but he did get me close.

I still suspect Obama will get the nomination in the end, but he won't get my vote, and yes, I will vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home