John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, March 10, 2008

Will it Ever Go Away - Racism

Regardless your 'political' thoughts, how many of you were sort of proud that a black was able to get to, and probably win the nomination of one of our political parties?  I had good feelings to think how far this country has come.  But, as this process moves on down the road, I suspect racism will never go away, much like sexism won't either.

Evidently (I have not been watching), Shawn Hannity has been running a series regarding some remarks Barrack's pastor has said.  Evidently Shawn's 'test' is, just change the word 'black' to 'white', and if you did, you'd be run up the nearest tree for being racist. 

I am continually amazed to hear people justify statements like those when spoken by a black but will jump at the most minute similar remark spoken by a white.

I had high hopes; I now suspect it will never go away... no matter what though, we have come along way from when I was a child. Same with sexism.

As for me?  When I meet someone I respect, be it a black person or be it a woman in a power position... I generally find I not only respect them, I like them.  Do I have prejudices?  Truthfully I suspect I do... as do you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home