John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, February 22, 2008

Independence

Many years ago I made a vow - if the republican party ever got totally into power, and did not do what I thought they espoused, I would give up on politics.  Well I guess I just can't give up  on politics itself, but I finally changed my registration from republican to non-partisan.  I guess that is the equivalent to independent in the great state of Nebraska.

Anyway, failure to do what is right on immigration, failure to cut spending, failure to get any meaningful legislation on entitlements; these all have added up, and I could go on and on.  And now?  The republican party has allowed the media to present us with one each John McCain as our leader (and or 'their' leader).  In the end I will probably have to hold my nose and vote for him, but I don't think it will do much good.  I think he will be beaten like a drum, probably worse than the last time a senator from Arizona was nominated.  And btw, I was 100% behind Mr. Goldwater.

I can not think of even ONE policy of Obama/Clinton that I approve of; in fact they both scare me to death, but in my mind the republican party has allowed this to happen.  They had the opportunity (forget the war), had they been fiscally responsible, to be in power, probably for the foreseeable future.  After their period of 'total' power, the democrat party will probably be in 'total' power for another forty years. 

This is a sad commentary, but today I officially declare as Independence Day. 

Technorati Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home