John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, August 26, 2007

In Essence - Its Been Forgotten

I went for my walk today down by the Mighty Mo (Missouri River) - as is usual for me, my iPod was planted in my ears. I like playing it on random, meaning no set type of music plays continuously. Recently I had downloaded some Faith Hill music but I didn't really know precisely what I'd downloaded.

All of a sudden I was back to 9/11/2001 - it was reporters interviewing people on the streets of New York that horrific day. Many people's comments were recorded as a prelude to Faith's singing of the National Anthem. Talk about cold chills. Hotter'n the hinges of hades outside and a chill washed over me as I listened to this recording.

Today, if anyone brings up 9/11 they are accused of trying to scare the populace. They needn't worry - the populace has forgotten... so very sad, but in general, so very true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home