John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, July 09, 2007

Global Warming Catch-22

So I'm watching the national news - they have a story on how upscale restaurants are beginning to cease serving bottled water. A global warming issue. Some of the water comes from outta country and has to be transported etc. etc. Guess I eat in the wrong places as I've never known I'd been denied. National news gets over and the local folk come on - top story is about the heat wave, and how how many wonderful people had donated case upon case of bottled water to places like the local missions and churches. I was going to, but the national folk said I'd hurt the environment, so I said nuts to the poor.

Now I dunno bout you, but we are going to find more and more of these catch-22 stories as this global warming stuff heats up, and yes the pun was intended. I may start taking a crap in the back yard; I will save flushing, I will be fertilizing; I may keep wild animals outta there, who knows - we may just being a trend. Course I dunno, I live at the bottom of a hill... if the neighbor begins going in 'his' hard, well you know what rolls downhill. Hmm, may have to rethink this abit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home