John Smyzer's Ramblings

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Presidential Newsconference

1) The President really believes in this immigration bill - I would have to say it is perhaps 'the' issue I most strongly disagree with him on - simply put, you have to show me you are going to secure the borders before anything else.

2) I was struck by some new language regarding Iraq - it seems to me it is the first time I have heard him say, "if the Iraqis want us to leave, we will". I had heard him imply that before; today there was no misunderstanding his statement. He also made reference to being in agreement with [one] aspect of the Baker Hamilton Study Group. First time I have heard that. Hmmm.

3) It is clear to me the media does not believe the seriousness of Al Quada. So be it I guess; the American people will just have to make up their own minds. You listen to the questions from the media - whether you agree with President Bush or not, he has an iron constitution.





Powered by ScribeFire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home