John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Greeting The Public

I had sauntered over to Ace Hardware today to pick up some concrete patch - because my favorite radio show was on, I slipped on the earphones and had them in my ear at the checkout. The lady - middle aged - name of Marge wanted to know if I was listening to a ballgame. I said, nooo, listening to Rush. She frowned and said something like "ugh"!!!

Sensing an opening to public relations, I as sweetly as I could said: doesn't that make you feel good to know I am enjoying this so much? She said she could not stand him. I asked her... can you give me just ONE reason? Just one Marge? She huffed and she puffed and she mentioned the song Barack The Magic Negro. I asked her if she knew the origin of the song and if she knew what a parody was... by now she was gittin red in the face and my enjoyment was almost complete. I told her she needed to listen longer; told her it takes six weeks of sustained listening to [get] what he is saying. I thought the fellow behind me in line was going to croak. I left the store with an added spring in my step... (actually I have new Z-Coil shoes), but they seemed extra springy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home