John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mr. Tillman and Ms. Lynch

I want to go 'on the record' in saying if the military brass is or has knowingly lied about what took place in any action, they should be prosecuted, period. From what has been revealed so far, for the umpteenth time, it would appear the military was indeed dishonest in the Tillman case. As such, let the chips fall where they may.

On the other hand, "I" have a little consternation about the Lynch case. Some things just don't add up to what I heard her say before Congress yesterday. Reporters were embedded with the troops during this period of time. They still are embedded, but more so in the early parts of this war. The stories coming out were wonderful, the movie made was umm (I didn't see it but, will assume) was wonderful. A woman at war, able to do all that the men do and more..... why, she was a female Rambo... doncha remember? I do, and I ate it up (probably because she was pretty). OK OK, I am a chauvinist. Not really, but that's what many will say for someone speaking their mind in a case like this. So be it; I can take it. All of this I will let slide; I will say publicly I was quite enamored myself at the time. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about Jessica until yesterday... 'now' I have questions.

Why haven't we heard she'd never fired a shot before? If this was publicized it was not MUCH publicized. Why did Jessica accept all the gifts? I mean, she might have gotten them anyway but I suspect many were given 'because' of the story itself. I find myself asking if she is not as guilty as those who evidently told the [story] in the first place. Hmmm? Is that possible? I honestly don't begrudge her any of the gifts... just seems a little umm, like a wily woman to just now be finding out. Sorta like having a dream with the most beautiful woman in the world and waking up next to Rosie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home