John Smyzer's Ramblings

Friday, January 19, 2007

FOX Under Fire

Fox Entertainment is really under fire it would seem. Yesterday I turned on my trusty TV and Imus's show was ragging on the American Idol show... bout how mean they were being to the contestants. Dunno how many watch Imus, but for him to criticize anyone for being mean is, well, abit ridiculous.

So later in the day, most all day, MSNBC and their collection of 'expert' commentators are ragging about how American Idol's judges have crossed the line in their 'judgments' to the contestants. Please, if anyone has watched this show in the early parts of the year, you have to KNOW these contestants KNOW it is all for TV. I rather enjoy American Idol when it gets to the final month or so; during the early shows it is just silly entertainment. Evidently the American public likes the pablum dished out early as well as late (highest ratings ever). It's the same public who likes Nancy Pelosi, so.... (sorry, could not resist).

And now today I see my gal Rosie has joined the fray. I can't add to this - Rosie speaks for herself.

Then I'm watching another show and they were bashing the show '24'. Seems '24' had a nuke go off this year... and now they are saying that the FOX network is in cahoots with the Bush Administration in order to keep terror on the minds of the American people. That theory seems to be working doesn't it? I don't watch 24 week to week. I buy it and watch two or three episodes at a time on DVD. Regardless, anyone who has watched this show, it would seem to me would realize this is a logical progression of the dastardly deeds presented to Mr. Bauer. I am confident he will handle the issue.

This all reminds me of when my kids were 'kids'. I used to like General Hospital during those days. I worked shift work and got hooked. :) Accordingly, my girls got hooked. However we had several heated discussions over the course of time, differentiating between [reality] and what was being presented on General Hospital 'as reality'. They kept looking around for nice decanters of afternoon alcohol breaks; I'd get a cup of juice.

So it appears that FOX is going to remain under fire. I suspect they can handle themselves, however, considering this countries apparent refusal to acknowledge [REAL] reality, the hue and cry being raised against FOX may indeed turn into a groundswell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home