John Smyzer's Ramblings

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Life's Changes


It occurs to me that one's perspectives on life change as they travel down 'the path'. Take for example a simple task of mowing the lawn. For the past several years, I have had my lawn 'done', feeling I was getting up in years and the hill in back did not need conquering by me each and every week, sometimes twice a week. I retired 1 March, my regular mower called me towards the end of March and wanted to know if he was still 'my man'. Told him I wuz gonna give it a whirl myself since I did not have to report to the office anymore.

Here's the point - now as I mow, I literally think about the fact I 'can', and I appreciate being able to do so. Sure, I get sore, having said that, I am stronger than before because I have been exercising with regularity, and it surely does make a difference. I think about those that couldn't mow my grass but wished they could. Just changes one's perspective, this getting older. Appreciation for life itself. :) I like this retirement stuff. Gives one a chance to plant new flowers. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home