John Smyzer's Ramblings

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oil Company Profits and The President

The President has succumbed to the squeaking going on from the congress. Here he is, an oil man; above anyone else he should know their profits are not excessive. I invite you to check the profits of major companies in this country and then tell me that oil's are excessive. They aren't. But, the president of these United States has fallen into the same ole trap they all fall into.... investigate the oil companies. They do this time after time. Can you tell me even one time the oil companies have been proven to be gouging? Nope. Individual stations maybe... they are NOT the oil companies, and if they are gouging, I am for shutting 'them' down. I'd almost pay to see Fidel have an oil spill.

I read the other day that even Fidel Castro is gonna drill 35 miles from Florida. Can we? Nooooo. Vincente is drilling in the gulf... can we??? Noooooo. We could drill in the gulf and in Anwar. We could also get serious about alternatives. The congress is yellow and won't do anything meaningful. I am very disallusioned about the whole thing.... the only thing I know is they will not prove the oil companies are gouging. Gas taxes??? Now we might be gittin somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home