John Smyzer's Ramblings

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Throat

I'm not even going to mention his name - all I want to do is point out the absurdity of people and how one can rationalize 'anything'.

The man was number two in the F.B.I. - he was [ convicted ] of an illegal wiretap back in those days. Can you imagine if this were to come to light today (especially were it during the dreaded John Ashcroft era), specifically during the current administration? Why the civil libertarians would raise cane to high heaven. And, in fact they did then, but to a dastardly government man, NOT Deep Throat.

Today? He's a hero to the left. No matter he broke the law. Naaa, it's OK as long as they are taking down a sitting president they don't like. I don't really have a dog in the hunt - my feelings have never changed over Watergate. It is a proven fact the other side was trying to do the same thing, they just could not penetrate the security. Had President Nixon had the foresight to burn the tapes nobody would have known the difference. So I guess I never did really care. Phooie on me I guess.

I just find it so very interesting to see the way the left makes the event precisely how they want it to be.... as for me? Deep Throat is a crook. Not Woodward and Bernstein - they were doing what sleuth reporters try to do although not so much today.

And all because he (Deep Throat) did not get his promotion to the 'Top Job', 'The Director of the F.B.I.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home