John Smyzer's Ramblings

Monday, November 15, 2004

CIA Shakeup

Dunno what Portor Goss is doing since taking over, but if the old guard is leaving, I'd say, it's about time. I get the biggest kick out of those that leave and then blame what is currently taking place as their reason for doing so. That, and they speak ill of the way the agency is being run. Well, my question is, where was the CIA as far back ad the marine barracks in Lebonan? There have been failure after failure after failure in the intelligence community over the course of years. In my mind, it is indeed time to clean it out, start afresh and get people who are accountable.
The State Department is the same way. I don't know of anyone who will speak ill of Colin Powell; In fact I have some mixed feelings about him leaving the administration. Mr. Powell has been a good soldier, pun intended. The problem is, and has been for many years, the lower level folks within the department who are politically motivted... leaking, twisting, in order to influence public opinion. I suspect you will see a bunch of them resign/retire also.... and again, it is time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home